Thursday, December 20, 2012

8 years

December 21st, 2012 marks the 8 year anniversary of the suicide bombing that very nearly took Larry away from me.  It is always such a weird day..for lack of a better word.  I am so incredibly grateful to have Larry. He's amazing.  He's my world.  I love him more than I could even begin to explain.  But it's also hard-because it's the day our lives changed forever.  I have watched him hurt, which kills me.  We have been to hell and back.

But through it all, we've always relied on each other.  And as each year passes, I am so amazingly thankful for each and every day that I have with him.  The doctors, medics...no one can tell me how he made it.  I know, of course, that God had other plans for him.  That his guardian angel worked overtime that day.

No, I do not concentrate on the negative.  I look at how far we've come in the last 8 years and I'm amazed.  We've faced everything head on and come out on top.  We have a lot of challenges ahead of us.  But I know that God has a great plan for us, even if we don't have any idea of what it is.  Some days are really hard.  That's just reality.  Being grateful and concentrating on how lucky we are that he's still here doesn't make everything magically puppies and rainbows.  We deal on a daily basis with the realities of combat injuries.  But we're making it work.  And I am real damn proud of how far we've come.  I know our journey ahead is going to be challenging, but I know that he and I can do this together.

I am forever grateful to every single person that has been there for us through our journey.  I can't name all of you, but you know who you are.  I could never have made it without you guys, and I thank you for being there and never judging, no matter how hard a time I was having.

I don't have a lot to say this year I guess.  It's been one of the more challenging years we've faced.  But we're gonna be ok. =o)

No comments: