Larry had surgery on the 10th, which was Thursday. It was quite a day. Surgery went well. His doctor that's been working with him was called away, so another surgeon worked on him, which of course was fine. I really liked her. They ended up cleaning it all up (taking all the stuff that had made it's way in between the bone preventing it from healing together out) and doing a bone graft from his wrist. Then they put in some pins and something to hold the pins and his finger in place better. It took them almost 2 hours to get his pain under control after the surgery, which I expected. The only problem we have and where the big fiasco is is that no one seems to want to take care of his chronic pain. The pain clinic is being very slow as far as helping him and he has had to ask other doctors to help him get his pain meds because he has a hard time getting ahold of the pain clinic. Then those other doctors who don't have any clue what's been going on won't prescribe him any more meds because it's "not their job to deal with his chronic pain." So post-op we weren't sure if he'd have enough meds to last him through the weekend because they took away the motrin he was taking because it prevents proper healing in the bones and he's had to take so much of the stronger stuff. GOSH I LOVE THE ARMY sometimes. I love that they have such a lax attitude about getting him the pain relief he needs but treat him like an addict when he asks for more meds because he hurts so bad. Gotta love it!
Anyway, he's a trooper. I lose it for him...so it's ok. =o) That's about all. I'm really tired..it really wears on me when he's hurting...I HATE to see him in any pain so I'm really tired, but hopefully this will help him and it will all be worth it!
That's all for now....gonna go lay back down until I have to do some more laundry...FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment