Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 years and counting.......

Yep, it's been 4 years. I look back and just can't believe that so much has happened. Right now, I really just wish that the military would start taking care of us-as promised. But that looks like it's going to take a little more patience and a lot more fighting in order to be heard. I sit here and I just wonder sometimes what life would have been like had the bombing not happened. Would we be in Germany or would Larry have re-enlisted for somewhere else?Would Larry be or have been in Iraq again? Would we have kids? I am so grateful that I have him. But sometimes, I wish that things were different. Ok, a lot of the time. And just because I can't STAND to see him in pain. And that's all it is lately. It's not like the doctors have been listening to a word we've said. He's hurting. And all they do is treat him like he's an addict. It doesn't matter how many times we tell him he doesn't want to be on the pills anymore-that he would do anything to be off of them now. NOPE. They don't care. Get him in, get him out. I'm so tired. I'm tired of fighting this beauracracy that they call the VA. I'm tired of having to raise hell just to get him what he needs. Here we are, 4 years later, and I feel like we've taken 10 steps back ya know? And then I hear about people that are working the system, and that really gets me. Don't they know that there are people out there that REALLY need it?
I want so bad for Larry to be ok. I see how much this is hurting him both physically and mentally and I just can't take much more of it. And really, there is no one to turn to.
To those of you that are TRUE friends, thank you for being there for us through the last 4 years. From the much needed "man hug" (right Joe? LOL) to the prayers and the support, thank you all. We are who we are because of our friends and family-you guys will never know how much you mean to us. We love each and every one of you-whether you have been in our lives this whole time or not. You all mean so much to us.

No comments: