Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some days just plain suck

Well, we're on round 4. I didn't update before because last month was actually the hardest yet by far. It's really hard to have symptoms like you're pregnant, and then find out you're not. It's way harder than I remember. So this weekend, we're going to be doing the IUI I believe. I'm really thankful that my doc and his whole staff is amazing. They really go the extra mile. Today is just....difficult. It's not any particular anniversary or anything. It's just really hard to deal with all of this stuff together. Larry's doing some really intensive PTSD therapy. And it's starting to affect him. He's been a lot more angry, short tempered. He's sleeping a lot because he's depressed. He never believed all the therapy stuff, but he's realizing now that there is more to it than he thought. He's having a rough time. The good news is that he recognizes the fact that his mood has changed and he's very aware. The bad news is, that it usually takes him snapping at me to realize it. I'm the one that's around him the most, so of course I know that I'm going to get the majority of it. That doesn't make it any easier. What's even harder for me is knowing that it's the pain of his recalling the bombing that's causing this. I feel pretty helpless. I try not to show him how hard things are for me-I figure he's got enough to worry about. But it sucks to not be able to really talk about how much this all is taking its toll on me. Most people really just don't understand, and they end up saying things that hurt more than they help. So here it goes. We'll see what this month holds. I know that God will never give us more than we can handle, but sometimes it's tough not to question his judgement on how much that really is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what you and Larry are going through right now. I try to put myself in your shoes but I know it just can't compare. All I know to do is to be here for you when you need and ear or a shoulder. I love you more than words can say, Larry too. I want this baby thing to happen for you so baldy. I know you will be the greatest mom. You just know how to take of people. Just know that I think of you everyday and I am always sending all the positive mojo I can muster your way. *HUGS*

Love you,
Rae