Wednesday, December 21, 2011

7 years

I seriously cannot believe it has been 7 years since the bombing. It really doesn't seem like it's been that long at all. But here we are, so many years later, and it's still so fresh on our minds. It never goes away. But we've come a long way since 2004, and I am very proud of the progress we've made, especially Larry. He's just amazing. Maybe I'm biased, but damn, he's awesome. He's always working to be better. We have a lifelong battle with his disabilities, but we've done this as a team from the get-go, and we'll continue doing it that way.

If you don't know what happened that day, you can read it on my blog-just go to http://chani-chanisplace.blogspot.com/ and click on December 2004/Blog from 2009. It's all there.

I DO want to thank some people, who, without them, I wouldn't have my husband....or my sanity.

Michael Thomas-what the hell would I have done if you hadn't seen Larry walk in and hadn't gone looking for him? Or have pushed to have him medvac'd out so quickly? I can never thank you enough for what you did for us...for making it possible for Larry to come home. I am so grateful.

Super Dave-you got Larry out of the danger by putting your life on the line, and there are just no words for that. Thank you is not enough.

Mz. Liz-You have impacted our lives so much, you'll never know how much we appreciate everything you have done for us. You got me through some really rough times, and I can't tell you just how much you changed us. Again, thank you is not enough.

The Joneses-I will never forget Heather speeding over, parking in the grass, and running in to be with me when I got the news. I was absolutely falling apart, and it means so much more to me than you know that you were there for me. And Joe, the "man hug" came just in time. You guys mean so much to us.

Leta-Damn, we have been a couple of hot messes. Thank you for being there for both Larry and I, through the good times and the bad times. Having someone right there for me to go to was more than I could have asked for. We're kind of awesome.

Gina-I just don't know where to start. I know you hurt when I hurt. You're the first person I called, and you took the news as hard as I did. I never have to tell you when I'm down. I've never had to hide anything from you-not that I could anyway. I'd say you're the best friend anyone could ask for, but you haven't been a friend for a long time. You're just as much a part of my family as if we had the same DNA. Ok, that's enough, I'm bawling. You know how much you being there for me means to me.

To my family-I love you guys. You have always been there to offer prayers and support and love. I can lose it completely and you always forgive me. You've taken Larry in from day 1..I'm pretty sure y'all like him more than you like me. LOL But it means so much to me that you love him so much and care so much about us.

To the friends that have been there for us-I have learned in the last few years especially who I can count on and who I can't. Pino, Chino's, Estas....my FAC girls...my Sexy Bitch....my twittah loves...Jess...my military wives...your understanding and love has gotten us through the last few years. We have seen rock bottom....and y'all have been there to pick us up when we needed it. I can't name every single one of you...we'd be here all night. But you know who you are...those that have let me vent, cry, rant. The ones that have spent hours talking to me and laughing with me. The ones that have said prayers for us. Those that have never judged us or me for being who we are. You have accepted the broken us without question. Again, you know who you are....and I am honored to call you ALL my friends.

From the bottom of my heart (and Larry's too), thank you all for helping us get through the toughest time in our lives. Heartbreak has hit recently, but your prayers and thoughts and love is what gets us through. We love you guys.

No comments: