Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Things People Do

Remember when we were in middle/high school and someone didn't like you...and they would whisper to others about you when you were right there?  Or they would make sure that you knew they didn't like you?  Remember when you were that age how you just thought that when you were an adult, things like that didn't happen?  Yeah, not so much.

Now that I'm an adult, it doesn't get to me as much.  But when people PURPOSELY do and say hurtful things....JUST to make you feel bad.....it's really hard not to let it get to you...just a little.  Especially when you do everything in your power to try to be nice.  It's petty.  I never understood it.  I can't understand purposely making someone feel awful-purposely trying everything you can to make them feel bad in general...or feel bad about themselves.

But here's the thing.  While it hurts at the time, I always am reminded that I have family and friends who I truly love and who truly love me.  People that won't purposely try to hurt me....that accept me for who I am...and I do the same.

It just reminds me that people that are that hurtful and have to be that mean to others....they aren't really happy with themselves.  I feel sorry for them that they have to degrade someone else just to make themselves feel better.  I don't wish bad things for them.  I just wish for them to find the love and peace in life that I have.  For all of the issues that I have...and the journey that I'm on....and the ups and downs....I am happy with my life.  I've been to rock bottom.  And you know what?  I made it!  And I came out on the other side a better person....and I've surrounded myself with people that aren't trying to hurt me.  They support and love and I return it.

As bad as people try to make me feel, I just have to keep reminding myself that the only thing that matters is my family and my friends...the people that truly love and care and encourage.  I am truly blessed...and NO ONE has permission to make me feel bad!


No comments: