Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Seriously, it's not funny anymore

*sigh* Another friend is pregnant. Again. I'm so excited for her. But what the fuck am I doing wrong???? Every time I turn around someone else is expecting. It's never me. WHY? You know what, don't answer that....because I've heard it all. I'm wasting my money on fertility treatments...it's gonna happen when I relax....try adopting and then you'll get pregnant. But that's not what I want! I just want to be able to get pregnant like anyone else. Just "hey...let's have a baby"and then do our thing and 9 months later a little bundle of joy. Is that too much to ask??? Apparently so.

For future reference...to my friends that are expecting, no, I'm not mad at you nor will I be mad at you because you're pregnant. I'm happy for you because I know how excited you must be. The one thing I ask is just don't come to me and complain about being pregnant. I'd take all of it in a heartbeat just to have a baby...and I'm not trying to be a total bitch or anything, but I'm not the person to come to if you didn't want to be pregnant or you want to complain about symptoms. It sounds bitchy, but if you're not in the position I'm in, you won't understand. You can talk to me about being pregnant...just don't get hurt if you want to complain and I don't have the sympathy you're looking for. I will pray for you if you're having a rough time with complications, but if you want to bitch about morning sickness or being tired, I'm not the person to come to. I want to be there for everyone, but this is one thing that I can't take right now and I would rather put it out there now and be real rather than say something down the line in the heat of the moment and hurt your feelings. I respect everyone's opinions and feelings, so please, respect mine.

Now, to go have a nice, good cry and then see if Larry will get me some ice cream.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I just want to say that I truly believed I would never be a mother. It took ten years, I didn't have the courage to seek help, I just gave up. You're truly strong Chani just hang in there. I pray for you.
Stefanie