Thursday, September 22, 2011

We've made some decisions....

What a difference just a couple of days makes! Larry and I have talked a lot in the last few days about our options. While we are going to continue the fertility stuff for now, we have started the process to adopt. It takes at the very least 6 months for all the background checks and stuff, but I'm expecting it to take closer to 9 months or a year. Then we'll start looking into who will be a good fit for us. Larry has surprised me. He's not just set on adopting an infant. He's open to a little older child, as well as a sibling group. I honestly wasn't expecting that, but things are just falling into place. The more that we talk about it, the more right it feels that we are doing this. Whether or not we are able to have our own, we're going to adopt. We just want to be parents. We want to have a family. And we're not sure if the fertility stuff is going to work, so why wait? We're ready now! It's been a really hard thing for us to talk about....for us to think about. You never know how things are going to change....we know that better than anyone. But I know that we can give a child a loving home, and I'm just ready to be looking for things for MY kids, instead of just everyone else's.

I'm also feeling so much better about all of this because our families and friends are being so much more supportive than I could have imagined. I know that whether it's our biological child or not, our families will accept and love them as their own. There was always that little bit of apprehension in the back of my mind, but no more. The reactions that I have gotten from everyone is beyond amazing. This is just a huge decision for us and it's great to know that we have the love and support of everyone.

I will keep everyone posted on how things are going. Like I said, we're not going to give up on the fertility stuff just yet. But who knows if it's gonna work...and we're not getting any younger! LOL Please continue to pray for us...we've got a very long journey still ahead!


No comments: