Alright, so let me get some stuff in here. The first day was fun, although we were very tired. We had a pretty short flight but it was fun. We also went to see the launch for the gas balloon race which was cooler than I thought it would be honestly. Today we had a much longer flight. Liz got to fly, and so did my step mom Nancy. They were both first timers and they both had a BLAST. Guess I forgot to tell Liz she was going to get to ride, so she was a bit surprised. But we had a lot of fun. We made her work for it though! LOL
Well, it's off to eat and Dion's (mmmmmmmmmmmmm) and then to take Liz to the airport...awwwww.........
2 comments:
I want to tell Chani, Larry, Sally & Tom, and everyone who took part in my adventure ... what a wonderful experience this was! You three set me up pretty good, and I am forever grateful.
Sally, you are an amazing, strong woman (with a wicked sense of humor!) ... this is makes you someone I admire greatly ... keep it up girl!
Chani's "forgetting" to tell me I was going to fly was perfect! Guess it's only fair that I "forgot" to tell her what Larry was up to later at Dion's ... hehe
Folks, if you ever get the chance to go up, I heartily recommend it! Seeing the balloons as we looked back down was incredible. Chuck, Nancy, Gabby, Sally and I shared such a cool thing, I will never forget a moment of it ... well, maybe the lift off when I was still in shock and white-knuckling it! Happy to see none of those pix made it to a journal, lol.
From that start, to our memorable landing this was, and will remain, a cherished memory and highlight in my life. (Oh, and for those who know what I am talking about ... I kept my pin on for over 24 hours, thank you. lol Still wish it would have set off the alarm, sigh. I was sooooo hoping for more stories for y'all.)
Aside from the ride, the sights are beautiful, the people ... let me tell you about the people ... the folks on this crew made me feel so welcome! I feel as if I have known them forever, and cannot wait to see them again. From Bagel Joe's BeetleJuice Breakfast, and Chuck's personality, Diane & Jason's humor ... oh, you were ALL amazing!!!
88END OF PART ONE ... HAVE TO LIMIT TO 2000 WDS, LOL
**PART TWO ... (So is long-winded perfect for ballooning, or what?!)
Special thanks to Bailey's Boarding & Kennel ... who'da thunk a kennel could be so comfy? lol Seriously though, thank you for opening your homes and lives during this visit. Janice and Ray ... you have GOT to have two of the biggest hearts I have ever found, thank you again ... I cannot say it enough. Gina and Denise, I look forward to seeing you both again, and laughing even more than we all did this time. I see why Chani talks about you all so much.
(In no specific order...) Andy, Tom, Mike, Guy, Emil, Sharon, Justin, Alex, Camille, Jonathon, Roxanne, Russ ... thanks for making my first time so memorable! I look forward to seeing you all again next year, and every year you're willing to extend the invite.
Miss Becca, you are a doll! And if I could have, I'd have found a way to sneak you back in my carry-on! Don;t grow up too fast, okay?
I am sorry, know I have likely left out names of very important and special people, it is only because I am back to busy and nothing more ...
Rambling, I know ... but til you experience your first ride ... and landing ... you will never know.
Thank you, and I love you all!
( ;
liz
(**Will soon be posting pix I have on the journal, just have to get thru some other things that have to take priority for our project, first.)
Post a Comment