Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sitting back and thinking

I am humbled by the amount of people sending love and thoughts and support for us. I may not reply to every comment, but believe me, I read each and every one of them and I can't tell you how blessed I am to have every single one of you in my life.

First of all, a lot of you are very worried about me. And I can't tell you how much I love you all for being so concerned, and wanting to be here with me. I promise. I'm ok. Cross my heart. =o)

Reading the comments, so many people are commenting on how "strong" I am. I am flattered, and I thank you all for saying that, but I don't see myself as "strong". I see myself as determined, and pretty damn stubborn. If that translates to strong, then so be it. But make no mistake, I hurt too. A lot. And not just in this situation. And so many people tell me that they would be a mess or couldn't handle it. To that I say you really don't know that. Many of you I may have never met in person, but talking to you and knowing your struggles, I look up to a lot of you too. You really never know what you are capable of until it lands in your lap and you have to deal with it. I see it this way. You either dwell on it, let it fester, let it consume you, let it completely eat you up....or you put your boots on, get your shovel, and start digging through the shit. Sometimes, it takes years and years of shoveling to get through it, but damn if you don't feel accomplished when you're done. What's not going to change is what happened. No matter how much it hurts, you can't change it. So the best thing to do...get to work.

A friend posted this quote yesterday and I shared it with a dear friend who has been to hell and back the last few months. I think this says a lot. It kinda goes against what I said about being strong, but whatever, I like the quote. LOL

"God only puts us through as much as we can handle. So the people who struggle the most, have been chosen by God to be the strongest ones."


No comments: