Princess Estrella got her wings today. I'm so glad that she is at peace. That little girl though....she was such a fighter. For a baby that wasn't supposed to make it to a year old....here we are, 8 years later. She's had the doctors baffled more than once. She had a heart like you wouldn't believe.
Last night, I sat with her and her mommy for several hours. I got to give her kisses and just watch her rest. I will hold that memory so close to my heart. I am so honored to have spent some of her last hours here with her. And while I was there, I spent time just talking with Jess. She's handling this whole situation with poise and grace. Her family is so strong, and she and her husband are just amazing parents.
Estrella's birthday would be on Saturday. That's the day of the funeral. In such a sad time, I know that everyone is going to celebrate the fact that she had beat the odds and had an amazing life. She impacted so many people in her life-it was hard not to be completely sucked in by her.
Her family made the most of her time here on Earth. They knew that the time would be limited, but they never let that get them down. They did as much as they could with her...made sure she really lived.
I still don't know why she affected me so much. I'm just going to say that God allowed me to know her for a reason, and no matter what the reason, I'm grateful to have had the time I did.
Princess-I know you're rocking the blingin pink wings. I know you're dancing, and playing with all the other little angels (who are we kidding, I'm sure you're runnin that show by now). Keep watch over all of us baby girl. We'll miss you, but we'll see you again someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment