Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

For someone that is struggling with infertility, Mother's Day kinda sucks. I hope that one day I am celebrating it with my kids, but we shall see.

In the middle of all of this, my dear friend's daughter took a turn for the worse. She is very close (days) to getting her pink blinged out angel wings and dancing through the streets of Heaven. Her mom is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She's got an enormous heart. She and her little Princess have taught me so much in the few years that I have known them.

Princess' 8th birthday is Friday. No one knows what is going to happen in the next few days. But, for a little girl who doctors thought would not make it to her 1st birthday, I'd say she's pretty awesome. She is so loved, and surrounded by so many people that are so proud of her. My heart aches for her family....but I know that there would never have been a better group of people to take her through her journey here than the ones she was given.

I hope that someday, I can be even half the mother that Jess is. I'd be pretty freakin amazing. =o)

Make sure to hug your loved ones. Be appreciative of what and who you have.

No comments: